We did it!

We finally did it, we crossed this crucial mark we were targeting for a while.

:smile:

This is a new record for us and we are super proud to cross the 60% savings rate for this first half of 2017.

Increasing our savings rate from 50% where we were last year to the 60% we are now aiming decreases our working years a whopping 4.2 years! That is 4 more years to enjoy doing whatever you want to do. 4 more years not waking up to an alarm clock. 4 more years of freedom!

In the mean while, Keep on Savin’ !

:beers:
-PoF

Congrats! Tears of joy!

That’s awesome!!!

Congratulations! Keep on savin’!

Woohoo! This is really inspiring, especially for those of us earlier on our pursuit of FIRE :slight_smile: Great job!!!

Congratulations!!!

congratulations! hitting a 60% savings rate is an incredible feat!

Nice job, Congrats!

Huge. Congrats. I’m happy for you, but I just can’t believe that it’s worth listening to @PoF’s favorite musician. Barry Manilow, really!!??

Great movie!!!

Yaay! :grin:

Congratulations! :tada:

Congratulations xyz!! I didn’t know there was an official formula for savings rate - there was some argument about it on forums on if one should include employer match. Jared and I have just been roughing the % like frauds :grimacing:

I made an Excel based calculator you can use online to calculate net and gross savings rates:

Omg!! Yes!!! Doing it right now. I was just in Felicity’s thread doing her landlord vs stocklord calculator!! Thank you PoF! All this nerd love!!! :revolving_hearts: I love this placeeeeeee.

Kudos…nicely done! Proud of you guys. We are at 30%…no where near where you guys are. FIRE here you come.

Congratulations. It takes dedication and vigilance to maintain a high saving rate. Awesome job!

At 30% right now. But the car is now paid off so should be shooting up. 60% is the goal!!!

W00t w00t! We just calculated ours and I figured out we are saving 71% of our income (for at least the next two years).I was totally shocked! I love how you calculated the difference in years, I am so doing that! Congrats x infinity!

Ahh that’s amazing! Congrats!!!