This week's challenge: Wake Up an Hour Earlier This Week

I caught up on two hours of coding work! Morning is my peak productivity time!!

I stayed up past midnight to get the RCF out the door, and then still got up at 5:30 to work on RCF stuff :slight_smile: Now i know you might be thinking, “midnight? hah! I go to sleep after 2 every day!” but do you also wake up around 5am??? Cuz that’s the kicker right there, esp when you usually go to bed around 10 as you wake up at 5 EVERY DAY. So i am feeeeeeling it today, haha… but all for the greater good of the mission.

New baby on the way? You should be sleeping while you can! :smile: (congrats by the way)

I’ve also failed miserably…I wake up I just can’t seem to get myself out of bed when it’s cold and dark.

Wow man.

I’ve never been able to get up at 5 AM more than like once or twice in a row.

Sheesh. I don’t know if I should be happy for you or mad for making me feel like a loser! Both?

-d

There’s always next week right?
And next month and next year?

And thanks for the congrats.
Any day now. Any minute, really.

Still getting up at 4 AM here! :slight_smile: Not 3 AM though

I know not everyone is a “morning person” but I’d totally trade the low energy hour from 9-10pm where all I can muster is watching TV for a high productive morning hour.

CMO: And I was wondering why your comments come seemingly in the middle of the night!

We have started waking up an hour earlier since the beginning of the month, but to prioritize a workout and making a healthy breakfast at home before getting ready for our work day, etc. So I guess that already counts for Monday’s challege. I think Tuesday through Friday are things that we already spend plenty of time on. Saturday’s challege needs some work. For Sunday - Mr. Need2Save already spends a minimum of 15 minutes a day on meditation so that counts for something, but we both need to work on more reflection and finding ways to expres our gratitude and thankfulness.

I like the weekly challenges. .

This is genius, printing out and adding to my START Planner right now!!

Glad you are enjoying the challenges. We’ve got lots of ideas for this year. What about you? Got any ideas for the weekly challenges??

Thursday or Friday updates anyone?

Has anyone used their extra hour to find the cure for cancer yet? :wink:

I’m a little late to the party here, but I decided to start getting up like 2 hours earlier this week to fit in some extra read time in and so far, I am loving it! My mornings are great for studying since the kiddos aren’t up yet!

I’ve also started using a technique that I just read about this week called pomodoro.

I’ve set goals in Google Calendar and started implementing this to help keep me accountable!
I do 30 minute blocks for:

• Bible Reading/Devotion

• Book Reading (I’m looking to read 6 books this year) Currently reading Marriage God’s Way by Scott LaPierre

• reading email, responding to comments, and catching up on social media notifications

So far, doing this has allowed me to get more work done in the morning before the girls get up so that I can spend more focused time with them once they get up!

So @DerekOlsen thanks for the challenge!