The #GivingCards Project – Mission #6: For a Family Member

Awesome job!!!

Wowwww, this sounds like a perfect match for you guys! So glad we were able to work together to help spark such a big partnership and provide opportunities for all those kids! Love it :slight_smile:

It’s funny, I go on a lot of road trips myself, and when I recently got back I found that my girlfriend had stocked my fridge for me in exactly this way - I can’t tell you how nice it felt to be able to sit and eat and not have to run out for food right away. Such a great idea, well done you!

First of all, your sister and her husband are putting in the giving work, my goodness - I know a couple who fosters, and it’s a tough job, so much love to them!

Secondly, it’s such a good feeling when you spot the exact moment that’s meant for the #GivingCard in your pocket - I’m glad you were able to find the right one. Thanks for making those moments special, and thanks a lot for sharing the stories with us!

I gave my card to my very close friend. She was my next door neighbor my freshman year of college. We’ve been through a lot together, so I consider her my sister in heart. I was in her wedding a few years ago. Her and her husband haven’t had the easiest time since their marriage, so I gave them the card, plus an extra $10. It doesn’t seem like much to me, but I know it will make a big difference to them!

This one was sent in by one of our anonymous members :slight_smile:

Wow, what a great month! You all rock, great job!!

Thanks for another great month, guys! You can see all the stories shared below, and also make sure to check out the highlight pages on the website (these are easier links to share from your website or social platforms, etc):

#GivingCards Mission #6 Highlights:
Total Given: http://giving.rockstarfinance.com/total/#may2017
How to Support: http://giving.rockstarfinance.com/get-involved/

P.S. In case you haven’t seen it yet, here’s June’s #GivingCards mission.

Ooh, a late addition that I don’t think we caught earlier in the month . . . check out this blog post of what someone else did with their #GivingCard, with a little inspiration from @IndependentHoosier:

(full story here: http://www.firefighterpersonalfinance.com/good/)

Excerpt:

I have a friend who owns a butcher shop and food truck, so I asked him about helping me feed a bunch of public servants. He loved the idea, and gave us a great deal on burgers and fries. Last Friday, I invited a bunch of local firefighters, police officers, and paramedics to stop by the food truck and grab some free lunch during their shift. The food truck cranked out the burgers and fries, and we got to enjoy some fellowship over an awesome meal.

It’s always nice to strengthen the bonds between different agencies and disciplines. We also got to do some Good in the community. The Rockstar Community Fund and IH provided a great way to do that. I know the police officers, firefighters, and paramedics that got to eat were very thankful.