The #GivingCards Project – Mission #5: Create Unexpected Joy

Such a thoughtful gift at a necessary time . . . love this story, Nicole - thank you for spreading the project to Chicago to create some unexpected joy!

Thanks for another great month, guys! You can see all the stories shared above, and also make sure to check out the highlight pages on the website (these are easier links to share from your website or social platforms, etc):

#GivingCards Mission #5 Highlights:
Total Given: http://giving.rockstarfinance.com/total/#april2017
How to Support: http://giving.rockstarfinance.com/get-involved/

P.S. In case you haven’t seen it yet, here’s May’s #GivingCards mission.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The #GivingCards Project – Mission #6: For a Family Member

The #GivingCards Project – Mission #6: For a Family Member

Over Christmas, one of my coworkers wrapped the desk of another coworker with wrapping paper. Computer, monitors, the desk themselves, drawer handles, individual pens, knick-knacks.

The wrapper got promoted recently to a Senior position (despite being one of the youngest people on the team), so I bought a ton of wrapping paper with the gift card, including specialty paper that says variations of “You are Old” all over it, and wrapped the wrapper’s desk!

The blog post was published today - here’s the link!

heyyyyyy look at that!! very cool, thank you! :slight_smile:

That. Is. HILARIOUS.

Hi all! Sorry I’m so late for this month’s GivingCard project. I just really wanted to make sure I would put the money to good use! And today I knew what to do with it! There’s someone in the roller derby community that’s a great help in a few Facebook groups (one for beginners, and one for people with injuries). She’s always super supportive, gives great advice, and is just always there to help. I sent her a message just now that I’d like to send her something as a Thank You. I will come back here and share her name and all that if she’s ok with that!

I love this! :slight_smile: How was their response? :slight_smile:

Today we used our cards to surprise people with free lunch at the Wauwatosa Food Truck event at City Hall. Hope to see some posts tagged with the lucky recipients!