As the largest project under the Rockstar Community Fund umbrella, every month The #GivingCards Project helps our community create unexpected joy in the lives of the people around them. If you’re not yet familiar with us, check out what we did in our first month and what we’ve done together so far.
So here’s what we’ll be doing together this month…
For February’s mission, we want you to bring a smile to the face of someone you love and know. Think about how you can create some unexpected joy in his or her life just to brighten up their world a little bit! Feel free to get creative and have fun! Let’s see some happy faces shared here on the results page
We have twenty-five $20 VISA cards to give out for this mission. We will give them out to anyone in our community who wants them, as long as they do the following two things:
1. Use this #GivingCard by February 28th to give an unexpected gift to someone in your world.
This can be a friend, family member, co-worker, or even a stranger on the street. Our goal is to show that even a small amount of money can make a huge impact, and the more creative you can get, the better.
2. Come back to this page once you’ve completed the mission and share what you did!
Tell us the story of who you chose, why you chose that person, what you did for them, and what the result was. Pictures or videos of any part of your gift-giving are even better. Inspire us with your fun and heartwarming stories! (And if your idea ends up helping more than one person, that’s fine too!)
That’s it – it’s pretty simple. If you like this mission, then we will personally send you one of these #GivingCards in the mail to use for this project. Keep in mind that you must be a member of this forum to receive one, in order to share your results.
Are you in? If so, fill out this form and then obsessively check your mailbox every day and get ready to do some GOOD
A few quick notes:
– If you can tie your gift to the theme for the month, we’d love that! (But feel free to run with any ideas that end up exciting you.) As long as you create unexpected joy in a meaningful way for someone, we’ll consider the mission completed
– If you want to participate but don’t want or need to use our money to do it, then by all means take $20 of your own money and get it done! Just be sure to come back here and share what you did so we can all see it. We want to make The #GivingCards Project something that everyone loves to do!
– Keep in mind that this also doesn’t have to be a traditional gift, purchased at a store and wrapped in paper. You can use this $20 absolutely any way you want – be creative! Maybe you see a homeless man on the same corner every day on your way home – use this to pick up and deliver him a warm meal… Explain the mission to your children and work with them on little $5 or $10 gifts – see what they come up with… The possibilities are endless. Just use your imagination, be creative, and spend a little extra time looking for ways to do something truly unexpected and touching for someone in your world.
– If you have any social media channels or blogs, please share this project! Just link to this page you’re on right now, or to The #GivingCards Project website.
If you want to help support this project so even more people can participate in next month’s mission, you can do that here.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
** **There are no more #GivingCards left! ** **
P.S. These cards are only good in the United States for right now, but if you live outside the US, we can PayPal you the equivalent so you can still participate! (And of course you can always use your own money to go do some good and then come back here to share with us anyway )
In addition to the states below, our #GivingCards have made it to Canada, India, Australia, and The Netherlands so far - let’s keep it going!
Thanks for another great month, guys! You can see all the stories shared below, and also make sure to check out the highlight pages on the website (these are easier links to share from your website or social platforms, etc):
#GivingCards Mission #3 Highlights:
Total Given: http://giving.rockstarfinance.com/total/#february2017
How to Support: http://giving.rockstarfinance.com/get-involved/
P.S. In case you haven’t seen it yet, here’s March’s #GivingCards mission: http://forums.rockstarfinance.com/t/givingcards-mission-4-someone-you-work-with/2098