The Future of Rockstar Finance

Hey guys, J. Money here!

Got some pretty exciting/crazy/probably surprising news that’s about to drop around the web today, but just wanted to pop in and give you the heads up to make sure you saw it okay :slight_smile:

In a nutshell, I’ve decided to transition out of the day-to-day stuff here at Rockstar Finance to better focus on my own blog as well as my family (I’m going to try being a stay at home daddy who blogs on the side vs a full-time blogger who dads on the side!) and I’ll be handing over the reigns to the site to my good friend, and blogger vet, John from ESIMoney.com. Who I fully trust, and believe, can finally max out Rockstar’s full potential!

You can find more details about it all in the below posts, but again just wanted to make sure you saw this okay as supporters of our site for so long :slight_smile:

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who helped make Rockstar what it is today!! Please don’t be a stranger as I’ll still be around hanging out, just more so over at BudgetsAreSexy.com than on Rockstar. (Although I’m still staying on as an Advisor to the site… and its #1 fan :))

Official Rockstar announcement: http://rockstarfinance.com/future-of-rockstar-finance/

My personal thoughts on it all: http://www.budgetsaresexy.com/why-i-fired-myself-from-rockstar-finance/

John’s thoughts about its future: https://esimoney.com/bought-rockstar-finance/

XOXO,

– J. Money

PS: Nothing is changing with Rockstar in terms of the core of what we do (curation, directory, forums), but John will be making slight changes here and there and then hopefully soon a ton of new upgrades as well. Things I was never able to pull off running it myself, but which I’m very excited to see! Especially the blogger related stuff!!

PPS: The End of Year Community Event is also still going on, and same with the VIP Directory pages which John is in the process of turbocharging for everyone… So still send us all the links if you’re participating in The Good this Xmas!

Lastly, my contact info: j (at) budgetsaresexy (dot) com – Or you can just hit “reply” to this email as I’ll still be using it for a while :slight_smile:

Thank you for all you have done to build an incredible community, @J.Money ! I am excited for the new phase of Rockstar and glad you won’t be going too far!

@ESIMoney- Good luck with the new ownership! Let us know if there is anything you need from the community :slight_smile:

Thanks! I appreciate that!

I actually have something to give all of YOU! :wink:

I’ll send an email out tomorrow with a few updates.

This was shocking news needless to say. I had to double check to make sure it was not April 1st :grinning:

Thanks @J.Money for all you have done. I think this is probably the best blogging community out there and it’s all because of you!

And I have confidence in @ESIMoney that he will be able to carry the torch and will use his business acumen to take RSF to the next level!

thank you :slight_smile: if there’s only one thing we stand for, it’s always been community!

Congratulations to both of you!

Thank you @J.Money I love what you’ve built here! And @ESIMoney I look forward to the future here as I know you’ll do great things for the community. Congrats again!

Thanks for doing all the hard work to set up this awesome place and I look forward to see where ESI takes it from here!

Congrats J, looking forward to seeing how things develop and glad to hear you’ll still be tied into things!

Welcome John, we are glad to see you taking charge.

Wow, big news on a Monday morning! Thank you @J.Money for building this awesome community! And congrats to @ESIMoney for stepping up to lead it going forward!

For a moment, I was terrified, but then relieved. Congrats to both of you!

As I stated in the comments not selling the portal for a million to a commercial devourer but for xxx.xxx to a friend to carry on the torch is one of the most heroic things I can imagine.

The King is dead, long live the King!

Good stuff sounds like it’s going to work out for everyone involved!

Hahaha… Still just as applicable as it was back then :slight_smile:

Thx for always making me laugh, @HCF. And thanks for all the kind words everyone else! Very happy to still be a part of the community here until y’all kick me out :slight_smile:

Dunno, @J.Money. I love ya and all, but @RouteToRetire was sportin’ a killer Mohawk at FinCon! I still can’t believe that you didn’t put a “Mohawk Clause” in your deal with @ESIMoney (lol here as I think of John with a Mohawk!).

On a serious note, great move for both of you. You’re both doing the right thing for yourselves at this point in your lives.

In the end, isn’t that what this whole thing is all about??

Agreed, Fritz - I think @J.Money might have gotten the raw end of this deal without a clause like that! :smile:

– Jim

Congrats to both of you, and I wish you both success heading into the next chapter.

• Rybo

I am both sad and excited…but that is what change and growth brings. I look forward to the future of this forum…

I didn’t know ESI had revealed his name. Glad it’s going to someone who will do good things with it. I think I read his original blog before I found J’s.

Khhmm… look at the ESI logo horse, focus on its head… just sayin… :slight_smile:

I did try to sneak in a permanent placement of my face on the homepage of Rockstar Finance so no one would forget about me, but sadly @ESIMoney nixed it :wink: I don’t know why, it was only 600x600px?