Take one of these $20 VISA cards and give an unexpected gift to someone in your community!

Looking forward to it! I will take a picture with him! :slight_smile:

We’re going to be delivering supplies to our local animal shelter. My wife and I decided that we would match the $20 we got for free. Forty bucks worth of dog and cat food are headed to our local shelter as soon as we get the card!

Sounds good, take pics to share!

Oh my goodnesses you guys again??? I’M IN LET’S DO IT!!!

WHO EVEN ARE YOU I DON’T KNOW YOU!!!

haha yeah, but grab a card! :wink:

Lucy Gordon’s brother!!! Geeeeeeez

Oh, okay! Haha I do know you then :slight_smile:

i can’t believe you don’t remember me after all that we have been through!!!

OK, I’m in. I will use my own money. This is a challenge for me because I am up to my neck in this stuff. I bought presents for a 3 person family that was recently homeless, I donated kids toys to two different toy drives, I mailed inexpensive gifts to 3 different people who asked for help on rooster.com (and then mailed a $50 Visa gift card to one of them when she shared her whole story). It’s snowing here (which is freaky for us here in the Willamette Valley of Oregon) so I stopped on the way home to ask a couple of guys who looked like homeless people if they needed some hot coffee or tea. Yeah, outside my comfort zone but it’s really cold outside. No biggie, they were good. Just waiting for the shelter to open. So $20 doesn’t seem like a lot. The need is so great. So the challenge is to see if I can find some OTHER way to give it. Something that makes an impact and doesn’t feel like a drop in the ocean to me. I’m stumped so far, but I’m in.

This is exactly the kind of thinking we’re looking for. Small amount, huge impact . . . what does that look like?

Soooooo cool seeing how many people are getting involved!!! 9 more cards left and then it’s GOOD TIME :slight_smile: Thanks for participating everyone!!!

I’m in! This year’s need hits close to home. My sister is trying to get back on her feet after an icky divorce. We’re helping how we can, but an extra $20 would help! Now to make it unexpected…

A post was merged into an existing topic: RCF December 2016: An Unexpected Gift

I’m in if you have any left. With this cold, homelessness is on my mind. I’m sure I could track down some blankets with that money. Or if you have a better idea, please let me know!

Okay guys, we did it! The last of the RCF Giving Cards were claimed today, and I just got back from the post office where I mailed them all out to everyone who requested one via the form. You’ll be getting them soon. :slight_smile:

For all who receive them, and also for those of you who are participating in this mission with your own money, please head over to this post (RCF December 2016: An Unexpected Gift) to share the pics, vids, and stories of what you did!

One request on the new thread: feel free to reply to people as they post their results, but let’s keep it relatively clear of unrelated conversations, so people don’t have to keep scrolling to reach all the good stuff.

@J.Money and I thank you so much for your participation, and can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!

The card was given to him with a note from my sister and I thanking him for all he does! This was such a great idea! Thank you for doing this! :slight_smile:

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: RCF December 2016: An Unexpected Gift

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: RCF December 2016: An Unexpected Gift