Looking for a New Finance Book to Read

Just finished reading The Millionaire Next Door and I am looking to build a pipeline of personal finance, investing, life, habit building, and other great books to read. Next up is a book by the Minimalists, which I expect won’t take long to read.

What are some of your favorite books? What suggestions do you have?

Bert

Early Retirement Extreme by Jacob Lund Fisker

https://www.amazon.com/Early-Retirement-Extreme-Philosophical-Independence/dp/145360121X/ref=pd_sim_14_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=145360121X&pd_rd_r=03CWFHGZDA4JN8K0YMY5&pd_rd_w=En8nO&pd_rd_wg=3TNmg&psc=1&refRID=03CWFHGZDA4JN8K0YMY5

The Simple Path to Wealth by J L Collins

Both LIFE CHANGING books by two of the founding fathers of the FIRE community :grin:

You should check out “The Four Pillars of Investing” by Bernstein.

How to Think about Money by Jonathan Clements is a new classic.

The Obstacle is the Way is an amazing one in the “life” / “habit building” area of your interests. It’s one of the few books ever that I read, finished, then immediately re-read.

Check out the The Behavior Gap by Carl Richards. The books basically describes that the outside noise can be overwhelming and believe in your instincts

I just finished Scott Trench’s book from Bigger Pockets. It’s a combination of frugality and staying out of your 401(k) if you want to retire early. Makes a lot of sense that 401(k) are great, but they don’t really benefit you unti lyou are 65. So if you want to be free early, don’t use them other than maybe to get the matching from an employer.

Nothing like getting inside the head of Warren Buffett!!This detailed biography is my new go to book for inspiration

A Random Walk Down Wall Street is one of my favorites. Lots of John Bogle fans here, too.

Wow. Looks like this is a great book to read. I’m adding it to my list. Thanks for the suggestion!

I know a lot of people that have read this and really enjoyed it. It is officially on my list!

I did not realize he wrote a book! Thanks for sending it over.

Bert

I second a lot of these listed above!

Did you check out our directory of books too? We’ve ranked them in order of popularity after 200+ bloggers filled out our poll:

http://directory.rockstarfinance.com/personal-finance-books/

Their notes that we’ve attached to them might help you narrow down easier too :slight_smile:

For financial mindset, I suggest Secrets of the Millionaire Mind (it did wonders for me breaking limiting beliefs) and if there is any interest in rental real estate, well…personal experience you can learn from :slight_smile:

I loved that book

Stocks for the Long Run, by Jeremy Siegel was transformative in my investing.

I did not, but I will now. The only downside is how am I going to interact with so many great PF bloggers if I simply read your book review page! Kidding of course.

Bert

Maybe you will like this @DividendDiplomats. The author is a smart fellow Hungarian FIRE’d guy.

My first was, “How to Wake up the Financial Genius inside You” by Mark Haroldsen
That was almost forty years ago.

The latest is in the mail (less than $5 incl. shipping from Amazon)
“How to Shop for Free” by Kathy Spencer. She even had a method
for free gas. Now I think her gas is a dollar or so/gallon. WHAT’TA WOMAN!

Hi
I just finished reading The 30-Minute Millionaire. Has some great information on portfolio diversity and asset allocation. As I’m heavy into property I’m also looking at other areas to diversify that doesn’t take much time to manage. Recommended read - by me anyway :slight_smile: