Last SL Payment!

I just made a huge payment to pay off our student loans!

This also represents the last of our non-mortgage debt, of which we’ve now paid off $75,000 in the last 3.5 years.

You all are the first to know :grin:
I’m still trying to decide if I should share on FB… I know it’s a huge brag, but maybe it would inspire someone? I don’t normally share very personal things though. Thoughts?

Congratulations! That must feel amazing, and is a great accomplishment!

If you share on Facebook, be forewarned you might not get the responses you hope. Some people will be jealous, or use your success as a reason to make excuses as to why they can’t do it. BUT you might inspire someone else. So only you can decide if the risk is worth the reward.

I vote that you share. People should know it’s okay to pay down debt instead of building up more.

Congrats! I still remember the day I paid my off. Such a relief.

I shared on facebook, but kept it low key. Most people were excited for me or said they were jealous.

Congratulations!

I would share. You’ve got a right to be proud and you might inspire someone to make positive changes in their own lives.

Will anyone respond negatively? Sure. Haters gonna hate. Always have, always will.

Congrats! Share! :slight_smile:

Congrats! You must feel 50 pounds lighter.
I would share. The more we are open about financial success, the more it will spread.

go ahead and share, we feel better just watching you do it. Vicarious Freedom!

Congratulations!

BEAUTIFUL!!!

POST THAT $HIT OUT THERE so people know it’s possible!! :slight_smile:

Congrats!!! I remember that day! I celebrated with cheap champagne!

@SawyerPF: Just drop this little gem on everyone and it won’t come off as you bragging :joy:

Whoa! Fabulous. Congratulations!

I would share but frame it more along the lines of I paid off my debt and here’s how I did it, let me know if you want help with yours!

Thanks everyone!

@TheWalkingDebt That’s funny, I might have to use it!

Awesome!! Well done!

I shared on fb when I paid mine off in 2015. I didn’t have a single negative comment.

Congrats!!! Nice work!

Go for it! People that will hate are just jealous. We here on the rockstar forum are PROUD!! Cheers :champagne::beers:

Grats. News like this keeps me inspired.