Introducing myself - Alex @ Fiftyweekvacation

Good morning everyone! Alex here from Fifty Week Vacation. I’ve been writing around the financial and real estate space for a little while now but am just now joining the RS Forums.

I see a lot of friendly faces here and am glad to be hanging out with this group. If you aren’t familiar with the site, it’s www.FiftyWeekVacation.com, and I started it for two reasons:

1. To quite honestly improve my writing skills while helping people figure out how to get their finances in order. It’s yet to be determined if the writing skills have improved.
  2. To keep my eye on the prize of financial freedom and travel. I’d rather have 50 weeks to travel than 2, so it is a constant reminder. I try to focus my writing on the bigger picture of these goals.

Other than that, I love a good pun, don’t eat enough pizza, and infrequently have a beer at the tallest bar in the world.

Alex

Welcome to the group! Interesting to hear your story. I’m an author and blogger in the real estate investing niche. Good to see another real estate writer here! :grinning:

Great to see you here, Alex! Love the title! This is an amazing community. Looking forward to reading! Hmm… tallest bar in the world?

Welcome, that’s a great blog title!

@Accidental_FIRE Thank you very much!

@Vicki - Thanks, Vicki! Yep, the bar has a pretty amazing view. Cars look like ants! Hope that you enjoy the site.

@mobilehomegurl - It is great to see other RE bloggers here! It’s a crazy adventure with RE!

Welcome!

Welcome to the community.

I enjoyed your story.

Welcome! I love that logo. Looking forward to checking out the blog.

Welcome, @AlexFWV! Awesome blog title. Your site looks great. LOVE the Hong Kong skyline pic :slight_smile:

@makingmomentum and @TheirMoneyGoals Thank you for the kind words!

Check out the site and see what it’s all about! There are usually fun pictures from my travels. :slight_smile:

Hi @AlexFWV. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome Alex!!! I love blogs about finance and travel, two of my biggest passions!

I don’t know if I’ve been to the tallest bar in the world, but I have been to what many consider the tallest open air bar in the world. The Sky Bar in Bangkok at Lebua State Tower (of Hangover fame).

Cheers! :smiley:

Hi Alex. Welcome!

I started my blog for similar reasons - to help some people and to improve my writing skills.

Very cool logo by the way!

Thanks for the kind words! I have not been to that bar, but love Bangkok as a whole. The Lego building (MahaNakhon) there is awesome. Google it if you aren’t familiar, very cool!

@SavvyNewCanadian - Thank you for the kind words as well!

@FIMeOuttaHere Great minds, yeah? :slight_smile: Thank you for the kind words on the logo. It embodies my traveling spirit!