Hi I'm Seth Drebitko from CreatingFi.com

Derp, just realized I haven’t actually introduced myself.

I’m living in Scotia NY rushing towards FI as fast as I can. Save for one other friend, my current network is incredibly un-supportive. I started a blog (CreatingFi.com) to document my personal journey, and become part of the FI community as a whole.

My wife and I have decided that even though we’ll have to get thrifty once our debts have been paid off I’ll move to being a stay at home father. The plan is to gain more wiggle room through side hustle and investments.

Overall though, I’m just stoked at the opportunity to become part of FIRE nation.

Thanks for being here - appreciate the background and the link to your blog. Always nice adding another link to my weekly blog reading rotation!

Thanks! Can’t promise anything profound this month, since I’m trying to win nanowrimo this month :slight_smile:. Starting next month though I want to step it up from being just a weekly thing.

Love how active you are here, man. Nice to officially “meet” you :slight_smile:

Hi Seth! Don’t worry, I’m in the same boat as you. No one in my real life cares about FI…and none of my family or friends read my blog - not even my boyfriend! I am so glad we have this community to speak with and brain dump. :slight_smile:

PS - Can’t wait to hear how the stimulant/depressant free year goes!

lol, well… Nice to meet you.

Welcome, Seth! While your friends may not be supportive, you’ll find it in spades here!!

@sethdrebitko : I would assume many of us here went through the same. What we are trying to do is unfamiliar to those people. It is not easy to break away from the norm. It takes courage and time.
All you can do is to do your best to reach your own goals and live the life you want to live. And be there when they need help and/or advice.

Welcome! So cool that you are participating in nanowrimo. What are you working on?

Welcome! I knew about Nova Scotia, but not plain ol’ Scotia.

Glad to have you on board.
-PoF

A science fiction novella. I’ve got my fingers crossed that I’ll be able to finish this year with everything I’ve put on my plate :sweat_smile: