Hi Friends! Katy from Best Life Katy here!

Hello new friends!

I just started (two weeks ago?) a blog called Best Life Katy. I’m 24 years old, engaged to a great guy, and we’re about $60k in debt. Wahoo! We’re paying down our debt while saving for a wedding, which seems impossible and almost frivolous, but somehow we’re making it work!

I went to school thinking I would be happy to climb a corporate ladder and follow a traditional life path, but the reality is that I think I need more adventure, creativity, and spontaneity than that track would allow. Now I’m trying to work my way out of a job and figure out what our plan to financial independence looks like. The first step is getting out of this debt, and our big big dream is to hike the Appalachian Trail after we hit that milestone.

So, that’s me. What about y’all?

Hi Katy, welcome to the forums! Congratulations on getting your blog started and working on your debt elimination. Really like the clean look of your blog! A suggestion; you may want to make the logo a bit bigger or at least the text.

We’ve got a great group of smart and helpful people here so feel free to ask questions as well as provide input. And if you haven’t already, request access to the private Blogger Lounge for more interactions

Welcome Katy!

Thanks Amy for the welcome and for the tip! I definitely see what you mean, I’ll look into making the logo bigger. Truth be told I just kind of slapped it on there in the beginning, but there might be a big re branding coming now that I feel like I have some idea of what I’m doing!

Thank you!

“The Appalachian Trail (A.T.) is almost 2,​190 miles long, passes through 14 states, eight different national forests, six national park units and numerous state parks, forests, and game lands.”

Holy cow, we enjoy hiking, but this is next level stuff! Maybe we’ll add it to our bucket list.

Yeah! It’s been in my head for a while, and luckily my fiance is an outdoorsy guy up for pretty much anything I throw at him haha. We’d have to do a significant amount of training, but I think that’s part of the fun!

Nice to meet you Katy! It’s so good to see you discovering/acknowledging your adventurous side.

Welcome Katy!

Thanks Mrs. Groovy!

Thanks Brent!

Amy! You were totally right, I played around with the logo size and I’m much happier now! Thanks for the second look over!

Welcome to the community Katy. Are you ready to get excited, fired up, and ready to kick debts a$$?? Just to warn you, this communities enthusiasm is infectious. Best of luck on your journey!

Bert,

Welcome Katy! I’ve always wanted to hike the AT too. So far I’ve just had to settle for sections here and there.

Katy, I just checked it out again. Perfect!

Welcome to the Forum Katy!

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Hang around here and before you know it you will be writing about being debt free!

-Cameron

Oh good I was just about to look it up. Dannnnnnnnnnnnng that sounds like you won’t be back for MONTHS. :evergreen_tree:

Also, hai.

Welcome to the forum! Best of luck with your goals.

Thanks! I’m stoked!

Hiii! Yeah, it’s a 4-6 month hike depending on how fast you go! I’m hoping it’s the first of several mini-retirements :smiley: