Hey Rockstars! My name's Terry

I’m 15-years-old and absolutely love personal finances, investing, and businesses (especially the strategy behind them). I have no idea when or why I’ve come to enjoy it so much, but my best guess would say it started around the age of 12.

I started a blog roughly two years ago, but due to a lack of initial goals and accountability, I haven’t been very consistent (I’m fixing that now :wink:).

Anyways, I guess that’s about it (I have a couple other details in my profile)!

Oh, and I had been following Rockstar Finance for a little while and just re-subscribed to their email list, and I’m a HUGE fan of ESI Money. Probably my favorite blogger (Shhh, don’t tell the others). :grinning:

Looking forward to chatting with you guys regularly!

Me and my brothers dog, Marshmallow. :dog:

Left to right: Mayah, Mom, Ethan, Me.

Haha! Awesome! And welcome! It’s great to have someone here so young – you are so far ahead of the game at your age!!!

Yesss!!! A reply/welcome from ESI Money! Thanks so much. :facepunch:

Welcome Terry. It’s great to see a teenager taking an interest in personal finance.

Dude! Solid blog just read a few posts and you are killing it!!!

If you would like to do a guest post on my blog I would be thrilled to have you.

Questions for topic ideas
Do you have any business ideas for kids? Are you into the slime crazy? What are your thoughts on social media?

Thanks Marc!

Welcome! You are ahead of the game. I look forward to following your blog.

I wish I had my act together this early on, good for you.

Thanks PrincipalFI and Othala! :slight_smile:

Woah, are you serious Michael? (or should I call you Mr. Dinich?)

It would be an honor! Now, I’d have to do some research and prep, because I’ve never done a guest post before. But if you’re really interested, I would love to possibly write one for you. :smile:

The thought of it is pretty gut-wrenching, so where would we start?

(Oh, and should I answer the topic ideas here or somewhere else? Sorry, I’m a noob when it comes to this stuff). Thanks Mr. Dinich!

You may call me Mike or Michael

Guest posts are pretty simple, just write a post like you would for your blog. I will work with you to make sure it’s formated correctly.

I don’t provide guest with a ton of direction as I like them to do their thing, guest posting is a chance to show your style to my readers. So the post needs to reflect why you are so special.

I’m fascinated with what young people are doing with business and social media. It blows my mind, that these slime videos are getting 20 million views. So I’d love to read how young adults can launch a business online, or what the newest generation is seeing in social media.

Fantastic Terry! I look forward to seeing you on CNBC as the mid twenty something who retired early.

Lol, that actually may be a goal of mine . . . :wink: :heavy_dollar_sign:

I have the feeling that when you’re my age, you’re gonna be light years ahead of where I am. To be interested in personal finance at 15 is incredibly awesome. Well done!

If you’re up for it, I’d love for you to participate in my Blogger Confessions interview series. Basically, just answer 10 questions about your experience blogging and I’ll publish it on my blog. You’ll definitely get some exposure that way.

Thanks so much, Mr. Steve! I give a lot of credit to my parents because without the strong foundation they gave me and my siblings who knows where I’d be now. Early on they enrolled us in Dave Ramsey’s chore system and bought us some of his books. :+1:

In regards to the Blogger Confessions . . . my first response was H-O-L-Y Guac! :scream_cat:

Lol, I would love to be able to participate! Now, I will send the heads up that I am still at the beginning of my blogging journey, but this is the year where all the studying I’ve been doing gets put into practice. I have some big goals for 2019.

So I am definitely not as experienced as I’ll be six months down the road, but it’d be awesome to still be able to participate. Exposure to a larger audience serves as great motivation!

Thank you so much for the opportunity!

Not sure if you knew or not, but two of Dave Ramsey’s speakers (including his daughter) were at FinCon last year. :wink:

Lol, yep, I did see that! I love Chris Hogan’s podcast (in fact, I had an email featured in it once), and I would be ecstatic if he came next year. And it would be awesome to meet Rachel Cruze as well!

Hey, welcome!
I started getting interested in saving and investing as a teen too. I think you have me beat though. I remember learning a lot around age 16 or 17. Keep it up!

Man, I wish you were still a teen. I would have loved to be able to be young finance buddies. :sunglasses:

I think years 16, 17, & 18 are going to be super fun years. You get access to a lot of different things like a drivers license and little more age/independence (than say 13, 14, or 15) and so you can do a lot more traveling, meeting people, starting businesses on your own, etc. Oh, and working for others people (jobs and internships).

Hi Terry - Welcome to the forums!