Hello from Dash2Retire

Hello,

I’m so excited to become a member of the blogging community! I’ve written a lot of web content for software companies, but it’s much more fun to write about a subject I love: personal finance.

My blog is about our race to FIRE. I became a stay-at-home mom when our kids were born, but now my husband is on track to FIRE in just 3 years. We’re American citizens living in Canada, hoping to return to the US for retirement. I’ll write some posts on our life in Canada (think single-payer healthcare, Forex, etc.)

I’d love to get comments on my blog site so far. It’s been a pretty steep learning curve these last 2 weeks, but I think I’m headed in the right direction!

I look forward to getting to know you!

Welcome and I liked your post on single-payer healthcare!

Thanks! It’s been an adjustment for sure!

Hi D2R,

Welcome. I also live in Canada. I just checked out your blog and loved it. I have some questions in regards to your article about healthcare. Left you a comment.

Thanks for the comment. I’m glad you enjoyed the post - I definitely plan to post more on the topic!

Ah cool! Duality of citizens, would definitely be interesting to hear.

Thanks - I’m happy to be here. It actually took us 3 1/2 years just to become permanent residents of Canada, so we wouldn’t have to rely on a VISA to stay in the country. Immigration - not an easy process!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that your post on Blog Traffic at the 5-month point was very helpful to me. I can only hope I’m doing that well at 5 months. I’ve just started with Twitter (as in 3 days ago,) so it’s a pretty slow go so far.

Welcome fellow Canadian-ish!

Thanks! Glad to be here. And you can definitely call me Canadian-ish!