Hello from Andrew @ Wealthy Nickel!

Hello fellow personal finance nerds! My name is Andrew and I live in Dallas, TX along with my wife and 2 kids. My wife and I are in our early 30s, and our kids are 1 and 3.

We are on the journey to financial independence and are probably within 5 years of the goal. We have a single W2 income, but my wife does a little bit of realtor work on the side.

A large majority of our net worth has been built over the last 5 years in real estate (rentals, flips, and wholesales). With two small kids, our “extracurricular” real estate activities have really slowed down, and we are looking for more passive places to put our money.

I very recently started blogging over at Wealthy Nickel.

I will talk about FIRE and our journey some, but I am more focused on basic personal finance to help people just getting started in the journey.

Why did I start a personal finance blog in 2018 in an incredibly crowded space? Good question…

While there is lots of great content already on the internet, I think I have a unique perspective, and even with all the content out there, millions of people struggle with basic financial concepts.

I want to help people take control of their financial life so they can pursue their passions without worrying about money. A big part of our story is being able to accumulate $1M+ net worth over a relatively short period with a single W2 income, mostly through side hustles (real estate), and I hope to be able to help others do the same.

Looking forward to connecting here and getting more involved in the Rockstar community!

Welcome to the group Andrew! Nice to see a fellow real estate investor here. :slight_smile:

Welcome! Congrats on being so close to your FIRE goal!

Welcome!

Welcome from a fellow DFW resident.

Nice to meet you - we have been all in on real estate as well - well, maybe not All In, but about half of our investments is in real estate.

Thanks! What part of DFW are you in? I am in East Dallas.

I think we are about 80% in real estate right now. Trying to move that number down a bit. :rofl:

Thanks! Seems to be a bit of a moving target, but definitely closer now than I was a few years ago.

Thanks! Do you invest in mobile home parks or the homes themselves? Always thought that was an interesting niche.

Right now just the homes. Though I’m currently looking into land. Have run across opportunities with parks but nothing too appealing. Seems to be a lot of hype at the moment about parks which I wrote about here if you’re interested:

http://adventuresinmobilehomes.com/investing-101-what-real-estate-gurus-dont-tell-you-about-investing-in-mobile-home-parks

Hope that helps!

Great to have you!!

Denton area!

Welcome!