Youtube video production - cost & source

Please give me an idea of what people are paying to get their videos produced?
Are most people using their Iphone or bringing in professionals to do the shoot?
How would you take a video from your iphone and share it with a freelancer to produce?

We maintain a growing YouTube channel and almost never use our phones. However, cell phones CAN produce some pretty stinkin’ high-quality video if you let it. Especially with lens attachments for the iPhone, there’s a lot that can be done.

That said, we use a Sony system consisting of an A6300, 18-105mm f/4, a Rode VideoMic Go microphone and a lapel mic. I edit and upload our own videos using Adobe Premiere.

All in, we’re probably around $2,000 deep. A lot of people spend WAY MORE than that, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are getting better quality. I’m a firm believer that the camera doesn’t matter for 99% of what you’ll shoot. You control the quality, especially on YouTube. Oh, and audio is a huge component of video production that most people ignore or forget about, but it makes a huge difference in the final product.

To share a video…as long as it’s not too big, I suppose you could use something like Dropbox? I’ve never shared video like that before, so I’m probably not the best person to answer that particular question.

I use a 4k camera…which is definitely not cheap. You probably don’t need a 4k camera, and my girlfriend’s iPhone shoots some great video (I think its the second newest iphone). So, you may be able to get away with an Iphone.

I use adobe premiere pro to edit my videos and anything I can’t do, I hire someone on Upwork.

I purchased my intros from Fiver.com.

I have my own tripod and I just shoot in my bedroom since there is nice natural light. I also purchased a really cheap green screen on Amazon. It is basically just a green sheet, but if you have adobe premiere pro you can easily remove the green and add any background you want.

I’ve done about 15 youtube videos with the help of a professional, including editing. Paying on avg. $50. It’s early, but I’m not sure it’s worth the money. May set up iphone on tripod for next to nothing and skip all the fancy stuff.

You can produce using android phone, iphone, make use of video recording software like camtasia