Ugh, Taxes! Am I right? (Yeah, I’m right.)
Like the saying goes,
“In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” -Ben Franklin
It’s unavoidable, so let’s get started.
If you are anything like me, once you start a task (especially one that you dread doing) it goes a lot faster and is usually less painful than you expected. Just starting takes away all the pressure!
So your challenge this week is to get started on your taxes
You likely already know what the first step is, but here are some prompts to get you going:
- Find all your w-2s and 1099s
- Download statements for your student loans
- Download statements from your investments/real estate
- Find all those boxes of receipts (!!!)
- Start typing stuff into your software
- Pick up the phone and call your accountant
Let us know what the first thing you need to do this week is.
And please leave any words of encouragement for those (like me) who dread this time of year. What tips and tricks do you have for making tax time a breeze?