Newly Semi-Retired in Central FL

Hi All,

My name is Laura and I am so happy this site exists!

I started reading FIRE blogs over a year ago and I became very inspired to re-model my life so that I was living in greater alignment with my values.

At first, I was focused on true FIRE. I started stockpiling cash and investments and was planning to leave the cubicle in 10-12 years.

Then I realized that in 10-12 years, the people I really care about may not be around. I also did not have the time to enjoy what I was working so hard for-- my home and loved ones.

So-- I decided to try the semi-retirement thing. I have enough saved to work a very part time schedule for up to 18 months. In that time, I hope to cultivate different income streams so that I can leave the traditional 9-5 off the table for good.

I chose Every Day by the Lake because I literally live on a lake and love it-- and being here when I want represents control over my time.

Would love any feedback on my site. It’s still new (11 posts) but I am learning and growing every day.

https://www.everydaybythelake.com

The folks here are so welcoming and knowledgeable. It’s wonderful to have this community. I look forward to connecting with and learning from all of you.

All the best,
Laura

Welcome!!!

Thank you!! :grinning:

Welcome to the forum and congrats on making the transition to part-time mini-retirement while exploring new options.

There’s a group of freelancers that are preparing for regular meetups in the Orlando area to connect and discuss ideas. If you’re interested, I can definitely keep you in the loop! The first meeting is actually May 2 at 1 pm. I won’t be at that one, but likely future ones. It can be nice to build up an in-person community to help you stay focused on your goals.

Anyway, keep up the hustle and I look forward to seeing how your journey progresses.

Welcome to the group Laura! :grinning:

Thank you!!

Thank you so much! :smiley:

I would definitely be interested in the group. I’m not sure I can make the May 2nd meeting but would like to be kept in the loop. It sounds like a great idea!