How did you stop being afraid to talk about money?

[This is the story on how and why I stopped being afraid to talk about money.] (https://www.wealthwelldone.com/fear-of-money/) (Click the link)

As financial writers, we talk openly about the powerful, emotional, and sensitive force that is personal finance. It used to make me nervous to write about this force for the reasons in the article.

Were you ever afraid to talk about money? What was the moment you stopped being afraid?

24 essay and I was discussing the subject of my college paper, and I got this exact idea. I’m not that afraid to talk about money but I’m superstitious and when making bets and openning positions I rarely talk within 24 hours about it

yup! blogging about it def. help me open up more and get comfortable too - esp sharing net worth so openly :slight_smile: I have to catch myself doing it in the real world cuz people get all kinds of weirded out haha…

When I was 18 and on my own and came across The Tightwad Gazette when I was barely scraping by. In fact, since then I have always been kind of overzealous and over-sharing about money stuff. It hasn’t always worked out for the best because I drove people a little nuts with my harping. I’ve toned it down now but I have been writing about money and simple living for a ling time (since 1999 on livejournal #nerd). Now I know which friends don’t want to hear it and I don’t talk to them about it. Blogging allows me to get my thoughts down as well & people can choose whether or not they want to read it.

TheEssaypro.com and I have always shared ideas related to finances, money and investments for as long as I can remember. We have never been afraid of talking about money.

I started talking about money a whole lot more when I started getting paid to write about it, as a personal finance journalist then blogger. More than happy to talk for hours helping people sort out their money. However, I only talk publically about specific areas of our own finances. Have never published our net wealth for example, and have only just started mentioning that we are mortgage-free. We’ve been incredibly lucky with the property market, but those soaring prices mean many younger people can’t get a toehold on the housing ladder. Culturally, suspect people in England are even more reluctant to share hard numbers than in the US!

I stopped being afraid to talk about money when I stopped valuing money. Money was always supposed to be our servant. Not our master. At times when my girlfriend goes to get certain procedures done at an aesthetic clinic, I really wished I had money.