Hi there from a new Aussie blogger

Hi, I’m Kara from The Flawed Consumer. I am a fairly new blogger, having started my first blog The Flawed Consumer (http://www.theflawedconsumer.com) in May 2017.

When I turned 30 last year, I had a bit of a freak out about our financial situation. My wife and I enjoyed our late 20’s a little bit too much and ended up having a lot of great memories, some debt, and not a lot of savings. Consequently, our net wealth was not in great shape.

As a result, I realised that it was time to get our finances under control. So, we set off on a path of frugal living to reduce our debt and increase our net wealth… And, I decided to start The Flawed Consumer to document our progress and share my learnings with others. Hopefully the things I learn along the way will help at least one other person to avoid the financial mistakes I’ve made.

I really enjoy blogging and the Personal Finance community. It’s been great feel a part of a really positive, ambitious and supportive community.

I look forward to interacting with you all on the Rockstar Finance forums.

Cheers.

Great to have you here!

Welcome mate!

Welcome!

My wife turns 30 on Saturday and she’s already hinting at this milestone being a “big one.”

I’m looking forward to checking out your blog and story!

Nice to see you on here, welcome! :grinning:

Love the name!

From one Aussie to another, welcome. Where are you located?

Welcome to the community!

Welcome, Kara! Nice blog, I enjoyed reading your posts about DIY cleaning products. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the feedback! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed a couple of my posts :blush:.

Thanks. I’m from Brisbane. How about you?

Thanks! I’m hoping that the meaning of "flawed consumer " will change entirely for me as I go from being a typical mindless consumer to a mindful, minimal consumer.

It is indeed a “big one” in my opinion. Happy Birthday to her!

Melbourne

Appreciate it and enjoy the forums!

Welcome from a fellow Aussie :slight_smile:

Hope you feel at home here!

Yay! Welcome :smiley:

Thanks!

G’day! But being a blogger since may 2017 makes you a veteran and not a beginner!
:joy:
Welcome