Hi from Switzerland from a new blogger @ThePoorSwiss

Hello fellow personal finance enthusiasts,

I just discovered this forum, seems really great!

I’m a 29 years old Swiss working in the state of Fribourg. I just finished my Ph.D last year and I’m still working at my school currently.

For the first years of employment, I kept track of my expenses, but I didn’t really pay attention to investing. I didn’t pay attention to the future of retirement either. After some bad months, I started to realize that I was spending way too much money on various things. Therefore I decided to focus on strongly improving my savings rate and start investing in a better way. Already I had two months with savings rate of more than 30%, which is really great for me. And March 2018 was my best month ever with almost 50% savings. I plan to keep on improving it :slight_smile:

In order to motivate me, I decided to write my story into a blog, in English.

If you are interested, you can read more on my blog: https://thepoorswiss.com

I hope this blog can help a few people, but currently, most people (especially here) are probably more capable than me :stuck_out_tongue: If you have any comment on improvements for me, I’d be very glad to receive your advice :slight_smile:

Cheers

The Poor Swiss

Welcome!!

Welcome, I love Switzerland!

Bonjour! Bienvenue a le forum! :smiley:

Thanks everybody :slight_smile:

Welcome to the community!

Hi there! Plan to check out your blog later today!

I’m also poor and living in Switzerland!! Love your blog :slight_smile:

Welcome to the group! :grinning:

Congrats on your awesome March savings rate!

Welcome and congrats on finishing your PhD! What field was it in?

I’m writing my PhD at the moment - it will be so good to finish! :smile:

Welcome PoorSwiss :slight_smile:
The Swiss blogging community is getting bigger and bigger, time for a SwissFinCon ? :smiley:

Thanks everybody!

@wealthfrom30 Thanks :slight_smile: It was in Computer Science, Machine Learning to be precise. Good luck in finishing yours!

@mister_rip Seems there are more and more of us indeed! SwissFinCon seems a bit enthusiastic, but Swiss PF Meetup would probably be cool.

Welcome to the forum:)