Hello from Portugal

Hi, rockstars!!
I’m new here, and wanted to introduce myself: My name is Joao, I’m 32 and live in Portugal. I’m single and looking to interact with fellow bloggers. One of the key objectives of starting a new blog is to start documenting my path to financial independence and early retirement.

Also, want to learn and teach everything that I can regarding personal finance, early retirement and so on.

So let’s see how this goes.

Regards,
Joao (@growtoretire)

Welcome to the forums!

Are you from Portugal or just live there now?

Hello! Looking forward to reading! Never been to Portugal but I’d love to see it someday.

Hi there and welcome!

Looking forward to reading your posts !!

Welcome to the group! Would be great to hear about life in Portugal. :grinning:

I’m from Portugal and currently live here.

Ok, wanted to make sure.

So I have to say it:

RONALDO!!!

Welcome, Joao!

Welcome Joao!

Ahahah :)) Yes for us he is the best. :joy:
(Some say Messi is superior.)

I’m a Man United fan so we love CR7!!!

oooo tell us about porto… or portugal! I only ever here how wonderful porto is!

I’ve been in Porto just a couple of times, and it’s really a beautiful city. It’s very cold in the winter, but the people are very welcome to foreigners.
It is the second biggest city in Portugal (after Lisbon, the capital), and there you can find the world’s famous “Vinho do Porto” (Porto’s wine).
“Port wine is a Portuguese fortified wine produced exclusively in the Douro Valley in the northern provinces of Portugal. It is typically a sweet, red wine, often served as a dessert wine, though it also comes in dry, semi-dry, and white varieties” (from wikipedia)
Douro is a river where you now can visit by boat, and where you can get some amazing views of the Valley.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/portugal/articles/wine-tasting-portugal-douro-river-by-road/
In terms of investment, this region is known for being more “pro-business” in comparison with other regions in Portugal.

Welcome to the board. I love Portugal, it’s such a beautiful country and the food is amazing!!

thanks for the info