Howdy from Texas!
It is with a huge sense of relief that I announce I have achieved some major milestones this year:
1) Completely Debt free (no credit cards, no mortgage - I rent, no car payment, no loans)
2) Fully funded emergency fund! (12 months worth of expenses, cuz I'm paranoid)
3) Maxed out 401k contribution (IRS maximum, )
4) Maxed out Roth IRA contribution for this year
5) 13k in regular (non emergency fund) savings
I'm super happy right now!
Rest assured, this has been a long road (12 years) to get here. Yes, there were many screw-ups, hic-cups, and down-right catastrophic events along the way, but I am slowly getting the old net worth in shape.
Stay focused and encouraged!! You can do it!